Reimagining Board and Volunteer Leadership (V|LEAD)
V|LEAD is a unique cohort of civic-minded leaders who represent and embrace the communities where we work and serve. Proudly sponsored by US Bank, this series is led by OneOC in partnership with Groundswell, and comprised of nonprofit and corporate leaders in Orange County committed to community betterment.
- Corporate Engagement: Corporate participants, knows as “V|LEADers,” attend an innovative series of six (6) workshops that reimagines board and volunteer leadership through leading board development practices that include diversity, equity, and inclusion at both individual and organizational levels
- Cross-Sector Collaboration: V|LEADers participate alongside nonprofit participants, focusing on leading board governance practices and crafting board development programs with diverse volunteer leaders in mind.
- Expert Facilitators: Learn from seasoned nonprofit leaders who bring philosophy, real-world experience, and practical application to each session, ensuring tangible insights and outcomes.
- Leadership Opportunities: Explore placement opportunities after completing the series and find involvement that includes options to serve on nonprofit taskforces, committees, and boards of directors.
V|LEAD in Action
Now more than ever, our communities need support to meet the challenges of both the global pandemic and local social issues. Research, data, and experts show that diverse leadership leads to accelerated mission accomplishments, greater positive impact, and increased creativity and innovation to solve difficult social issues. To drive these changes, OneOC is committed to developing and cultivating an abundance of diverse leaders in both the nonprofit and for-profit sectors.
V|LEAD is the way to champion this cause and take action!
Charles Chung, OneOC Board Chair
- Preparation for the Future: Gain the skills and knowledge needed to excel in the new era of volunteer leadership development.
- Engage with Nonprofits: Learn how to connect and collaborate effectively with nonprofit organizations, fostering meaningful partnerships.
- Volunteer Leadership Placement: Unlock the chance to make a tangible impact with access to a OneOC volunteer placement expert who can match your skills and interests to leadership needs with local nonprofits.
- Peer Network: Connect with a vibrant community of nonprofit professionals and emerging corporate leaders in your local area.
2024 V|Lead Cohorts
NEW COHORT OPPORTUNITIES:
Don’t miss out on this transformative opportunity! Two cohorts are available in 2024.
- Spring Cohort Dates: 2/15, 2/29, 3/14 3/28, 4/11, 4/25 & 5/9 2024 Spring Cohort
- Fall Cohort Dates: 8/23, 8/30, 9/13, 9/27, 10/11, 10/25 & 11/8 2024 Fall Cohort
Type: Virtual Training
Please contact email@example.com for all questions