The Charity Challenge brings together community groups to give back. Nonprofits, organizations and company teams participate in civic engagement, volunteerism and partnerships to give back to the community.
Thank you to all our 2023 submissions!
Join us in the Charity Challenge, where we empower one another by participating in a season full of giving back. Gather your colleagues or friends and participate by volunteering at your favorite local nonprofit, all you have to do is snap some photos, and tell us about your community impact and win $1000 for your charity of choice!
Foster Love representing “Foster Love”
Huntington Beach High School-Spanish Club, representing “The Pulsera Project”
Tarsus Pharmaceuticals, representing “Radiant Health Centers”
How It Works
How to get involved in Charity Challenge:
1. Rally your team of volunteers and sign up for a volunteer opportunity.
- In need of a volunteer opportunity?
- Check out OneOC’s volunteer calendar here.
2. Document your volunteer opportunities with photos and videos, and when you have completed your efforts – submit your impact story.
1. Does it cost anything to participate in the Charity Challenge?
It is free to participate.
2. How will the winner be chosen?
OneOC will choose the winner based on the impact story that is submitted by your team.
3. When does the Charity Challenge season begin and end?
The season begins on June 1st and closes on September 22nd.
4. How many times can my team enter the challenge?
Your team can submit as many volunteer projects as you participate in, but there will only be one impact story chosen.
5. My team is participating in the Community Cup, will my team receive extra points at Community Cup for participating in the Charity Challenge?
Yes! If your Community Cup team is participating in the Charity Challenge, you will receive an extra 10 points at Community Cup if and only if you register for both under the same team name (Maximum of 10 Community Cup points per team).
6. How many members do I need on my Charity Challenge team?
There is no limit.
7. When and where will the winner of the Charity Challenge be announced?
The winner will be announced at the conclusion of the Community Cup on October 7th at the Great Park in Irvine.
Still Have Questions?
Click below to be connect with a Volunteer Specialist.
Become a Signature Events Sponsor
Charity Challenge is part of our Signature Events Series. Learn more about Sponsorship Opportunities!