Starting a nonprofit and gaining 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status on your own is time-consuming and can be expensive. So are developing the administrative, legal, and financial operations necessary to build and grow a nonprofit. A fiscal sponsorship saves time and money by providing tax-exempt status and shared administrative services.
What is Fiscal Sponsorship
As a fiscally sponsored project with OneOC, you receive:
- Administrative support: The opportunity to focus on programs and fundraising during the early stages of their organizational growth.
- Tax‐exempt status for short-term projects and events: Fiscal sponsorship is a formal arrangement in which a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization sponsors a project for an organization that lacks exempt status. This alternative to starting your own nonprofit allows you to seek grants and solicit tax-deductible donations under the sponsor’s exempt status.
- Financial management: OneOC is legally and financially responsible for all our fiscally sponsored projects and activities. Projects are not separate entities or affiliated organizations, rather they are a part of OneOC.
- HR management: OneOC staff monitors and maintains project finances, human resources, payroll, leases, contracts, and insurance to uphold OneOC’s legal nonprofit status, ensure that all projects follow IRS regulations, and maintain compliance with the law.
- Risk management
- Donations, grants and event management: OneOC is a trusted expert with extensive experience in grant management and government grant audits.
- Training & professional development
Why Become a Fiscal Project with OneOC
OneOC focuses solely on accelerating nonprofit success in Orange County. We are passionate about nonprofits and strengthening Orange County, and we seek to support those who share our vision. Our projects benefit from being part of our 50+ year history; and at the same time, we are small enough to offer customized, individual attention with excellent service yet large enough to provide a full array of services to help you build your organization.
Current & Past Fiscal Projects
Buy a Meal Give a Meal
Clear Science Productions
Cox Cares Foundation
Directors of Volunteers in Agencies
Future of Cities
Gorjana and Griffin Event
Haiti Youth Relief Fund
High Hopes Luncheon
Liberty Autism Support
Life Changing Lives
Managed System of Care
Mendez Museum for Equality and Freedom
Museum of Heritage and Aviation
Orange Coast Art House Event
Orange County Community Relations Council
Orange County Nonprofit Capacity Building Consortium
Orange County Re-Entry Partnership
Special Moms of OC
Team Inspire Project
The Philanthropist Fund
The Slam Event
Women in Electronics
Yorba Linda Fiesta Days
What others are saying
Transparency is critical for us, we wanted sound fiscal policy and management especially with HR, Risk Management and accounting so we utilize the fiscal sponsorship services of OneOC.
Click Learn More and choose Fiscal Sponsorship under “Purpose of Inquiry”
Fill out of Fiscal Sponsorship Application now.
Make a donation to one of our fiscal projects.