JOIN THE DISASTER RESPONSE CADRE
The OneOC Emergency Volunteer Center is a program that supports emergency response officials throughout Orange County by engaging and safely deploying spontaneous volunteers to respond to critical needs and/or long-term recovery.
ABOUT OneOC DISASTER RESPONSE CADRE
The devastating nature of disasters finds us at our most compassionate and spontaneous as we look for ways to be involved in response and recovery. OneOC Disaster Response Cadre works in conjunction with local and state emergency response officials and is preparing its Emergency Volunteer Center (EVC) to be ready to respond to Southern California following a disaster. The EVC serves as a reception and registration site for people who want to volunteer and will match them to community needs.
This is an opportunity to:
- Provide outreach, support, and partnerships to local organizations through disaster volunteer opportunities.
- Receive training in Emergency Volunteer Center set-up, operations, and management.
- Help with local emergency efforts following a disaster
WHY JOIN OneOC DISASTER RESPONSE CADRE?
Orange County residents have always been moved to support their local communities in times of need, even showing up on the front lines or in places where victims are being treated – which can be ineffective and dangerous at times. We are looking for volunteer members who are willing to attend quarterly training sessions participate in active drills, and who stand ready to respond with OneOC Disaster Cadre to set up and run an EVC when disaster strikes.
- Become registered as an official Disaster Cadre Member with OneOC
- Work in coordination with OC County & City Emergency Operations Centers
- Manage and staff an Emergency Volunteer Center
- Elevate personal safety skills by taking an active role in emergency preparedness
- Recognition as a trained, affiliated volunteer and properly qualified to exercise authority in an Emergency Volunteer Center
OneOC DISASTER PARTNERS
JOIN OneOC DISASTER CADRE
Are you ready to be called upon when disaster strikes? Fill out an application online.
Thank You to our Emergency Volunteer Center Supporters