This Policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website https://www.oneoc.org/ (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information. This Policy does not apply to information collected from any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries) or through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on our Website.
In this Policy, “personal information” means any information by which you can be identified or contacted, such as your name (first and last), home, billing or other physical address, email address, telephone number, billing information, etc., as well as any information associated with the foregoing.
Note to Users Located Outside of the United States
If you are located outside of the United States, you use our Website at your own risk and initiative, and you are solely responsible for compliance with any applicable local, national and international laws. By using our Website, participating in any Website activities and/or providing us with any information, you: (a) consent to the transfer and processing of any information to and in the United States, (b) acknowledge that the laws of the United States may provide a lower standard of protection for personal data than the laws of your location, and (c) understand that we will collect, transfer, store, process and/or deal with your information in accordance with this Policy and the laws of the United States. Consequently, to the full extent permitted by law, you hereby waive any claims relating to the processing of your information in accordance with this Policy that may arise under the laws and regulations of any other country or jurisdiction.
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Website is not intended for persons under 16 years of age. OneOC does not knowingly collect personal information from persons in this age group. If you are under 16 years of age, do not use or provide any information on our Website or on or through any of its features, use any of the interactive or public comment features of our Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number or email address. OneOC reserves the right to delete any information identified as having been provided by such persons at our sole discretion. If you believe that OneOC has any information from or about a person under 16 years of age, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see the “Your California Privacy Rights” section below for more information.
Information OneOC Collects About You and How OneOC Collects It
OneOC collects several types of information from and about users of our Website, including:
- Personal information.
- Information that is about you but individually does not identify you.
- Information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
OneOC collects this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through our Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
User-Provided Information: The information OneOC collects on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on or through our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering with OneOC, subscribing to our service, volunteer applications, posting material, or requesting further services. OneOC may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- If you are accepted as a OneOC volunteer and participate in any OneOC pro bono project (otherwise known as a “Service Grant”), information related to your participation will be collected by OneOC (such as the Service Grants you have worked on and your capacity therein).
- Additional information you may submit to us as an active volunteer, such as the information added to your account (including your public LinkedIn profile or your photo).
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on our Website.
- Any other contact or employment related information provided by you as an applicant, member, volunteer or participant of any OneOC pro bono project.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of our Website, or transmitted to other users of our Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, OneOC cannot control the actions of other users of our Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, OneOC cannot and does not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information Collected Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies: As you navigate through and interact with our Website, OneOC may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on our Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information OneOC collects automatically may include personal information. OneOC may maintain such information or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. This information helps us improve our Website and deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies OneOC uses for this automatic data collection may include:
- Third Parties. OneOC may also collect personal information about you from other third parties, such as demographic firms, to make our future services and marketing efforts more efficient and personalized for you. OneOC may combine all information that you provide to us or OneOC collects over time with information obtained from other sources and may disclose this information to affiliated companies or our service providers.
- Cookies Information. When you visit our Website, OneOC may send one or more cookies – a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser and lets us help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through our Website. A cookie does not collect personal information about you. OneOC uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Website. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser’s directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of our Website or services may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
- Log File Information. Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you access a web page. When you register with or view our Website, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses or other device identifiers, browser information, Internet Service Provider (“ISP”), operating system, location, date/time stamp, clickstream data, referring/exit pages and URLs, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
- Clear Gifs Information. When you use our Website or services, OneOC may employ clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons) which are used to track the online usage patterns of our users anonymously. No personal information from your account is collected using these clear gifs. In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients. The information is used to enable more accurate reporting, improve the effectiveness of our marketing, and make this Website better for our users.
OneOC does not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How OneOC Uses Your Information
OneOC uses information it collects about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- As part of the application process if you apply to become a OneOC volunteer or to receive a Service Grant for your nonprofit organization.
- To staff, manage and implement Service Grants.
- To send information to you relating to OneOC, your professional interests or the pro bono/nonprofit sectors, including, without limitation, information regarding upcoming or ongoing Service Grants, educational resources and content from the online community.
- To contact you regarding feedback and surveys.
- To provide you with subscriptions.
- To send promotional or marketing messages, provided you have the opportunity to opt-out of receiving such messages.
- To address any legal issues pertaining to OneOC, including, without limitation, intellectual property infringement, defamation or rights of privacy issues.
- To contact you (via email, postal mail, or telephone) regarding products and services that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To operate, maintain, and provide to you the best possible features, services, products, functionality of our Website and its contents and overall customer experience.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To analyze visits to our Website and learn about the interests, preferences, demographics and behaviors of our visitors in aggregate (e.g., across the country) and also on a personal level to better understand your interests and needs, so OneOC can assess product demand, identify your product and service preferences, and improve our products and services and deliver to you the type of content, features, products and promotions that you are most interested in.
- To process registration requests when you register for programs or services, or otherwise administer your participation in programs or services.
- To respond to your questions, requests, comments or complaints and determine your satisfaction with our programs, products and services.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To compare and review your personal information for errors, omissions and accuracy.
- To prevent, detect or investigate any fraudulent, abusive or illegal act.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- To administer a promotion, contest, sweepstakes, survey or other Website feature.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
OneOC also uses your personal information for our everyday business purposes such as security, payment processing, analytics, operations, fraud detection and prevention, reporting, making back-ups and legal compliance.
OneOC may develop special sites or administer promotions in cooperation with other companies. If you register at these “co-branded” sites or consent to receive email communications from our promotional partners, we may share your registration information (such as name and email address) with those companies.
User Contributions: Any User Contributions or other information you voluntarily disclose by posting to our Website, including, without limitation, testimonials, reviews, comments, photos, videos, may become available to the public via our Website and our business partners. Even if the User Contributions are removed from our Website, copies of the posted information may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other users have copied or stored the User Contributions.
OneOC may use certain information about you and/or your User Contributions without identifying you as an individual to third parties. OneOC does this for purposes such as analyzing how our Website is used, diagnosing service or technical problems, maintaining security, and personalizing advertisements and promotions.
How OneOC Shares Your Information
Personally Identifiable Information:
- Third Party Service Providers. OneOC may disclose potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to those of our employees, volunteers, staff members, contractors (including website operators), affiliated organizations, service providers, distributors, employees of other nonprofits or corporate partners, promotional partners and other third parties that: (1) provide support services to us such as shipping, webhosting, web analytics (including analysis of online activity over time and across websites), mailing, emailing, etc.; (2) market or promote our products and services; (3) administer our programs and operations; (4) fulfill your requests and orders; or (5) process any other information on our behalf to provide services available at our Website. OneOC may store personal information in locations outside the direct control of OneOC (for instance, on servers or databases co-located with hosting providers). These service providers only receive personal information, if such information is needed to perform their function(s), and they are not authorized to use any personal information for any purpose(s) other than the purpose(s) set forth by OneOC.
- Client Contact. OneOC may disclose contact information received from nonprofit organizations considered for a Service Grant to our volunteers.
- Special Events, Promotions and Partnerships with Third Parties. From time to time, OneOC may join with third parties to provide specific services or products, special events or promotions (such as surveys, contests or sweepstakes). If you choose to sign up for such services, order these products, or participate in a special event or promotion, OneOC may share your personal information with third party partners. OneOC will share only the information that is necessary for the third parties to provide these services or products or otherwise participate in or administer the applicable event. Unless we tell you otherwise, these third parties will not use your personal information for any other purpose other than to provide these services or products or conduct the event. However, OneOC does not undertake to confirm, investigate, or police the practices of these third parties.
- Business Transfer. OneOC may disclose your personal information to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of OneOC’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by OneOC about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- Applicants and Volunteers. If you apply to be or participate as a volunteer, OneOC may disclose the information you provide us to senior-level volunteers: (a) as part of your application process to become a OneOC volunteer and (b) for the purposes of staffing volunteer teams to work on Service Grants. Volunteers who have been assigned to a Service Grant have access to the contact information of the other volunteers who are participating in that Service Grant. In addition, such information may be provided to the nonprofit organization that has received the Service Grant.
OneOC will fully cooperate with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who use our Website or services for illegal activities. OneOC reserves the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we in good faith believe to be unlawful, as determined in our sole discretion. Release of your personal information for security purposes, as described in this Policy to any person or entity under any circumstances, including, without limitation, in connection with any government investigation or litigation, shall be based on a determination made solely by us, exercising our own discretion, permission for which is expressly granted by you to us in accordance with this Policy.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information: OneOC may share non-personally identifiable information (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third parties to help them understand the usage patterns for certain services.
OneOC However, please note that if an advertiser asks OneOC to show an advertisement to a certain audience and you respond to that advertisement, the advertiser or ad-server may conclude that you fit the description of the audience they are trying to reach.
You should consult the respective privacy policies of these third party ad servers or ad networks. This Policy does not apply to, and OneOC cannot control the activities of, such advertisers.
OneOC will take reasonable steps to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, destruction, and disclosure. However, you should understand that no transmission over the internet is ever fully secure. You agree that OneOC shall not be liable to you for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of our Website. You understand that the technical processing and transmission of content on our Website may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Please be advised that OneOC does not guarantee that any information sent from our Website will be secure during transmission, nor can OneOC guarantee the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to OneOC via our Website or the internet, including your personal information.
The safety and security of your personal information also depends on you. Where OneOC has given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. OneOC asks you not to share your password with anyone. OneOC urges you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of our Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of our Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although OneOC does its best to protect your personal information, OneOC cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. OneOC is not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Website.
Compromise of Personal Information
By using our Website or providing personal information to us, you agree that OneOC can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of our Website. In the event that personal information is compromised as a result of a breach of security, OneOC may post a notice on our Website or send an email to you at any email address you may have provided to us. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us via email at support@OneOC.org.
Links to Other Websites and Social Media
OneOC is not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Website nor the information or content contained therein, and OneOC makes no warranty, either express or implied, concerning the content of any such site, including the accuracy, completeness, reliability, or suitability thereof for any particular purpose, nor do we warrant that any such site or content is free from any claims of copyright, trademark, or other infringement of the rights of third parties, or that any such site or content is devoid of viruses or other contamination. OneOC may provide links to other websites to you solely as a convenience, and the inclusion of linked sites does not imply endorsement by OneOC of any of the linked sites. Please remember that when you use a link to go from our Website to another website, this Policy is no longer in effect. Your browsing and interaction on any other website, including those that have a link on our Website, is subject to that website’s own rules and policies. Please read over those rules and policies before proceeding. OneOC does not ensure the security of your personal information if you visit websites not belonging to us. OneOC further reserve the right to terminate a link to a third party site at any time.
OneOC sometimes uses third party social media content obtained from social media platforms, such as Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram, on our Website. The privacy protections provided on these third party social media platforms and sites are not part of this Policy and may differ from the privacy protections described in this Policy. If you upload content related to OneOC or our products on third party social media platforms or sites that share information with the general public, user community, and/or other third party sites, it may be used or shared by us on our Website or our social media platforms to promote OneOC’s products and services. Consequently, you should review the privacy policies of these third party sites before using them and ensure that you understand how your content may be used.
It is our policy to provide notifications, whether such notifications are required by law or are for marketing or other business related purposes, to you via email notice, written or hard copy notice, or through conspicuous posting of such notice on our Website, as determined by OneOC in our sole discretion. OneOC reserves the right to determine the form and means of providing notifications to you, provided that you may opt out of certain means of notification as described in this Policy.
Your Choices, Opting-Out and Reviewing or Making Changes to Your Information
By providing OneOC your email address, you consent to our use of your email address to send you Website and service-related notices, including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail. OneOC may also use your email address to send you other messages, including, without limitation, newsletters, payment information, credit card update notifications, account status, legal updates, changes to features of our Website or services, product updates, special offers or promotions, or other account information.
If you do not want to receive such email messages, you may opt out by: (1) following the “unsubscribe” instructions in any of our promotional emails or (2) sending a written request to the email address set out below. Opting out may prevent you from receiving email messages regarding updates, improvements, promotions or offers. You may not opt out of service-related emails. Opting out does not affect our communications with you via telephone or email related to any orders with us nor does it affect our use of your non-personally identifiable information as described in this Policy.
NOTE: Please allow up to ten (10) business days for us to process your request. OneOC may continue to send you transactional or operational communications.
If you would like to change any of your contact information in our database, you can do so by logging onto your account and following the directions. This process will automatically change the information contained in our database. If you request the deactivation or change of information on our system, such information may be retained in our backup systems for a period of time subject to technology restrictions, or as a precaution against systems failures. Some information may be retained for longer periods as required by law, contract or auditing requirements or as otherwise described in this Policy.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Your California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to support@OneOC.org.
California Do Not Track Disclosures
California Business & Professions Code Section 22575(b) (as amended effective January 1, 2014) provides that California residents are entitled to know how a website operator responds to “Do Not Track” (DNT) browser settings. DNT is a feature offered by some browsers which, when enabled, sends a signal to websites to request that your browsing is not tracked, such as by third party ad networks, social networks and analytic companies. OneOC does not currently take actions to respond to DNT signals because a uniform technological standard has not yet been developed. OneOC continues to review new technologies and may adopt a DNT standard once one is created. For information about DNT, please visit: www.allaboutdnt.org.
If you have any questions about this Policy, the practices of our Website, your dealings with our Website, or wish to update us with your preferences, you may contact our Privacy Advisor at: support@OneOC.org.
Last Updated: March 25, 2020