The Service Enterprise Program strengthens nonprofit capacity through the fundamental and strategic use of volunteers and their skills to address community needs. OneOC is proud to partner on this initiative with Points of Light and our 2023 administrative partner AL!VE.
About Service Enterprise
The Service Enterprise program is a change management approach that helps organizations more effectively leverage volunteers and their skills, increasing the return on volunteer investment to meet their missions. This nationally certified program began in 2010 as an initiative by Points of Light in partnership with CaliforniaVolunteers and Reimagining Service and is now led by Association of Leaders in Volunteer Engagement (AL!VE).
The 7-week (October 18 – November 29, 2023) cohort based program is designed for multiple participants in your organization and includes weekly peer-learning opportunities. Your organization will begin with a comprehensive research-based assessment AKA the Service Enterprise Diagnostic (SED) developed by the TCC Group, Deloitte LLC, as well as RGK Center for Philanthropy and Community Service and Algorhythm. Not only will this diagnostic provide a baseline for future training and consulting within your organization, but a strategic pathway to national certification to equip your nonprofit with the tools and technical assistance necessary to support development and growth within these ten identified characteristics:
Spring Training 2023
Why Become a Service Enterprise?
Become a Service Enterprise! Your organization will receive:
- A research-based program to transform your organization into one of the top 11 percent of nonprofits in volunteer management and organizational performance, according to research by the TCC Group.
- A diagnostic evaluation of your current volunteer engagement practices and tailored
recommendations for improvement AKA the Service Enterprise Diagnostic (SED).
- 16 hours of training focused on change management and volunteer engagement strategies.
- Individualized coaching and the support of a community of peers to guide your organization
through your Service Enterprise transformation.
- Access to volunteer engagement networks and resources.
- Increased capacity to power your organization
- National certification is available and valid up to three years, which is recognized by funders and is valid up to three years.
As a Service Enterprise, your organization will:
- Outperform peer organizations on all measures of organizational capacity.
- More effectively address community needs while operating at approximately half the median budget.
- Be significantly more adaptable, sustainable, and better resourced to do your work and scale operations, as needed.
What others are saying
“Becoming a Volunteer Service Enterprise has helped Grandma’s House leverage our volunteers and their unique skill sets to deliver on our social mission to help those in desperate need in Orange County. Before we participated in the Volunteer Service Enterprise training, we had wonderful volunteers—and lots of them—but, looking back, I think we underestimated how much they could bring to our organization!”
Still Have Questions?
Let us know your interested by completing this short form and we’ll reach out to share more info!