OneOC proudly partners with Points of Light’s Service Enterprise Program to strengthen nonprofits through strategic volunteer use within the community.
About Service Enterprise
The Service Enterprise Initiative (SEI) is a national initiative led by Points of Light that started as a partnership between CaliforniaVolunteers and Reimagining Service. Through a comprehensive research-based assessment developed by the TCC Group and Deloitte, training, consulting as well as a certification model, nonprofits are equipped with the tools and technical assistance necessary to support nonprofit Service Enterprise transformations within these ten characteristics:
Participating organizations have access to:
- A thorough research-based assessment of existing organizational volunteer engagement practices called the Service Enterprise Diagnostic (SED).
- Online training on how organizations can enhance their volunteer programs.
- Individualized coaching to address unique organizational opportunities and challenges.
- National certification is available and valid up to three years, which is recognized by funders.
- Eligible nonprofits can re-certify after three years.
Why Become a Service Enterprise?
As a Service Enterprise, your organization will:
- Outperform peer organizations on all measures of organizational capacity.
- More effectively address community needs while operating at approximately half the median budget.
- Be significantly more adaptable, sustainable, and better resourced to do your work and scale operations, as needed.
What others are saying
“Becoming a Volunteer Service Enterprise has helped Grandma’s House leverage our volunteers and their unique skill sets to deliver on our social mission to help those in desperate need in Orange County. Before we participated in the Volunteer Service Enterprise training, we had wonderful volunteers—and lots of them—but, looking back, I think we underestimated how much they could bring to our organization!”