Supervisor Info: Requested by: *
First Last Email *
Department: * Date Requested: *
Date Format: MM slash DD slash YYYY Department Specifications: What is the Volunteers Title? *
Create a title for your volunteer. Please note: It should always end with "Support Team Member" STM for short.
Do you need a Skills-Based, Project-Based, Intern, or Event-Based Volunteer? * Skills-Based Ongoing Intern One Time
Note: You may only request one TYPE of volunteer per submission. SKILLS-BASED: A volunteer who has prior experience and expertise in your specific field.
ONGOING: A volunteer who serves on a regular basis for a minimum of 3 months.
INTERN: Must be enrolled in a college internship course that is required for graduation. There is an educational aspect to this position that the supervisor will need to fulfill. Interns are learning as they serve and have little to no "real-world" experience. They sign on for a semester/quarter depending on the institution they attend.
ONE-TIME: For events/activities/projects that are generally not re-occurring.
How many volunteers do you need for this request? * When do you need your volunteer(s) to start? *
Date Format: MM slash DD slash YYYY
3-4 weeks lead time is preferred. There may be delays for requests made earlier than this.
Do you have preferred days & times for your volunteer(s)? *
Please note: Based on the current volunteer volume and/or schedule we may not be able to accommodate your needs; however, they will be taken into consideration. Please be specific.
Will the volunteer(s) be serving on-site, remotely, or both? * On-Site Remotely Both If serving on-site, have you spoken to the AmeriCorps VIP Lead about the volunteers work space? *
This question is to get you thinking about where they will be stationed. HR & AVL will make the final decision based on the volunteer volume and schedule.
Volunteer Opportunity Description: Position: *
EXAMPLE:The Community Engagement & Partnerships Volunteer Team Members are highly skilled volunteers who typically possess an advanced educational and professional background. Experienced applicants of all ages are encouraged to apply and are welcome to send a resume and cover letter.
Major Responsibilities & Tasks:
EXAMPLE:In collaboration with the Marketing and Communications Manager, the Marketing and Social Media Intern will be responsible for the following:• Helping with or leading the efforts in the areas of Public Relations.
• Media Relations.
• Web and Social Media.
• Assist with strategic planning for social media and related marketing efforts.
• Responsible for campaign execution and content creation for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and the OneOC website.
• Monitor analytic's with social media and utilize findings.
• Collaborating on a variety of projects requiring social media and marketing support with different departments.
Why is this project a priority to you at this stage? What exciting work are you doing that makes this a good investment of the volunteer's hours? *
EXAMPLE: We've just secured funding this coming year to optimize our website to launch a new initiative we've been putting together for the past year that will be beneficial to our viewers. Nobody at our organization has looked at our Google Analytics data in a meaningful way so now's the perfect time for us to better understand how traffic is coming to our site and how people are using the site.
What have you done to prepare for this project? How do you plan to implement the deliverable? *
EXAMPLE: We've put together some very clear questions we want to get answered from this review of our Google Analytics data. We've organized it into a scope of work document with background context and what decisions we hope to make based on what the Google Analytics data says. We have a dedicated marketing person who is managing this project that will be available to answer any questions you have and provide additional info.Your review of our Google Analytics data will fold into a larger plan to optimize our website. Our board has approved for this project to be prioritized after the research and plans are in place. We plan to have the optimization of our website complete by February next year when we'll be launching our new initiative.
Skills Desired: *
EXAMPLE:• An outgoing people-person with a strong interest in helping OneOC and nonprofits reach their full potential.
• A goals-driven individual who completes tasks assigned through their initiative.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Computer literacy skills, including basic knowledge of Microsoft Systems.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
• Previous experience serving with a nonprofit, or who are willing to learn and engage in the nonprofit sector.
Training: (This is for Interns ONLY. All others type NA) *
EXAMPLE:Training will be provided as one-on-one, hands-on training with the Human Resources Manager over tasks specified above. Interns will also receive coaching from their supervisor, as well as formal, structured training involving classes, workshops, webinars, reading materials, etc.
EXAMPLE:• Shifts are Monday-Friday from 8:30-11:30am, 11:30-2:30pm, and 2:30-5pm.
• Individuals must be able to volunteer for at least one regularly scheduled shift per week for three months.
• Agree to and clear a criminal background check.
• This is a volunteer position and is unpaid.
Benefits to You: *
EXAMPLE: • Access to OneOC’s training to enhance your personal development.
• Opportunity to work with C-level nonprofit leaders and gain a deeper understanding of nonprofit capacity building.
• Build and enhance your professional skills that are transferable to the workforce.
• Enjoy working with a dynamic, tight-knit team!
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.