Build Volunteer Capacity
Looking to build volunteer capacity to support the growth of your organization’s mission? OneOC provides one-time, project-based and ongoing volunteer support through a variety of capacity-building tools and programs.
About Our Programs
Volunteer Infrastructure Program (AmeriCorps VIP)
Through this program, participating organizations are matched with an Americorps VIP fellow to help build effective, sustainable volunteer programs that move service missions forward. When organizations achieve a greater number of volunteers, increased volunteer retention rates, and maximized efficiency, their capacity to serve the community grows!
Participating AmeriCorps VIP organizations gain:
- Full-time service of an onsite, dedicated AmeriCorps VIP Fellow (1700 hours)
- Stronger organizational capacity and infrastructure
- Increased volunteer engagement and support
- Increased resources through fundraising and business and community partnerships
- Professional development and training opportunities
Why Become an AmeriCorps VIP site?
- Experience: OneOC has served as the Orange County hub for the VIP program for over a decade, successfully supporting the volunteer capacity needs of hundreds of organizations.
- Expertise: OneOC’s team of experts provides member recruitment, screening, onboarding and ongoing training of all VIP members, as they develop and implement best practices that improve and expand new and existing volunteer programs.
- Connection: As part of a nonprofit cohort, you can interact and share best practices with like-minded organizations.
- Mission Impact: Focus on effectively fulfilling your mission while OneOC handles the administrative functions for your Fellow, including stipend distribution and healthcare benefits.
AmeriCorps Application Process
Step 1: Sign and complete the following documents (click the links below to download):
- VIP Information Sheet and Application
- Supervisory Information Sheet
- Volunteer Capacity Assessment (Baseline)
Step 2: Send by email all 3 completed documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 3: Send a non-refundable deposit made to the order of “OneOC” for $2,500 to;
OneOC, Attention: Kimberly Harnish, 1901 E. Fourth Street, Suite 100, Santa Ana, CA 92705
For questions about the program contact Kimberly Harnish at email@example.com
There are thousands of nonprofit organizations in Orange County. Each one requires board leadership to advance mission effectiveness, business efficiency and strategic execution.
OneOC offers services to help connect individuals who want to serve on a nonprofit Board of Directors with nonprofits who are looking for new board members:
Serving on a nonprofit board is a great way to gain leadership skills, broaden your professional network and make a difference In the community. With OneOC’s Board Essentials Program, you can play a vital role. Board Essentials teaches emerging leaders and executives the skills necessary to successfully serve on a nonprofit board of directors—and then connects them to nonprofits that need skilled leaders to serve on their boards. OneOC can help you find a nonprofit that can utilize your specific interests and skills.
|OneOC trains prospective board members on the of Orange County’s nonprofit sector and the art of successfully serving on a nonprofit board||After completing the training, individuals can receive personalized connections to Orange County nonprofits and their vacant board positions||Individuals can be connected to nonprofit organizations/ Chief Executive Officer’s through OneOC’s Volunteer Concierge Program|
For questions on Board Essentials contact us at: SilledBasedVolunteer@OneOC.org
As a member of OneOC, your nonprofit can receive access to prospective board members through OneOC’s Board Member Placement Services. Here’s how it works
|Your organization requires board leadership to advance your mission effectiveness, business efficiency and strategic execution.||OneOC ensures a successful placement by recruiting and screening prospective Board Members for your organization.||OneOC will place emerging leaders and executives who possess the skills necessary to successfully serve on your nonprofit Board of Directors.|
Retired Senior Volunteer Program
Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) 55+
The Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) is a program benefit of your OneOC Nonprofit membership, allowing you to recruit OneOC volunteers aged 55+. OneOC nonprofit members partner with local Orange and San Bernardino County nonprofits as RSVP Stations to ensure that those in need of education, food security, food delivery, and employment receive the help they most require. RSVP volunteers choose where and how often they want to serve, with commitments ranging from a few hours a week to 40 hours per month.
RSVP is a free program for OneOC Nonprofit members, funded through OneOC and the Corporation of National Community Service for adult members aged 55+. Established in 1971, RSVP is one of the largest senior volunteer organizations in the nation, with more than 360,000 volunteers. Volunteers can use the skills and talents they’ve learned over the years or develop new ones while serving in a variety of volunteer activities within our community.
Why Become an RSVP site?
- Volunteers: Recruited volunteers use their available time, skills and talents serving your nonprofit cause capacity building through volunteer-assigned positions and community service
- Expertise & Experience: Receive cost-effective program benefits with your OneOC Nonprofit membership and for OneOC volunteers aged 55+ in both Orange and San Bernardino Counties. RSVP Orange County has over 30 years of experience matching volunteers with opportunities to support nonprofit causes and community needs
- Safety Assurance: Provide supplemental insurance for volunteers, providing medical coverage for accidents occurring while volunteering at your station
- Visibility: OneOC volunteer opportunity posting on website, newsletters, e-news, including new opportunities, events, training opportunities, and more
- Community Recognition: OneOC nonprofit members are eligible for annual recognition, including the Presidential Volunteer Service Awards and other special events
Become a Partner Site with RSVP
Ready to be as a partner site with RSVP? If your organizations impact area helps those in need focused on education, food security, food delivery, and/or employment contact us.
For question contact us at RSVP@oneoc.org
DOVIA-OC – Directors of Volunteers in Agencies of Orange County is a professional organization open to both paid and unpaid volunteer managers and coordinators from public, private, and philanthropic organizations throughout Orange County.
DOVIA-OC provides opportunities for the development and enhancement of professional skills. It aims to increase awareness and networking opportunities among individuals involved in the implementation and coordination of volunteer programs.
Members have an ongoing opportunity to build relationships and support among volunteer professionals. Workshops are held every third Thursday of each month at OneOC, unless otherwise specified.
Be notified of our monthly workshops and receive other benefits by becoming a member of DOVIA-OC!
Become a DOVIA-OC member
Court Referred Individuals
OneOC works with all of Orange County’s courts, connecting those with alternative sentences to community programs. If you are interested in accessing the 11,000+ court referred individuals, contact us to see if your agency qualifies.
VIP is provided in partnership with CalSERVES, administered by California Volunteers and sponsored by the Corporation for National and Community Service.