COVID-19 Nonprofit Resources
During this rapidly evolving situation, OneOC is committed to providing the resources and support for our nonprofits, volunteers, and community partners.
Resources for Nonprofits
- Nonprofit Support Network: A virtual community dedicated to sharing resources and fostering collaboration amidst the COVID-19 crisis. We also have a specific forum for Youth Development & Education Nonprofits.
- OC Nonprofit CEO Forum: In partnership with The Wooden Floor, OneOC hosts a weekly call and virtual network for Orange County executive leaders to stay connected during the COVID-19 crisis
Introducing OneOC Office Hours!
Click below to schedule a 15 minute consultation with one of our experts:
- Tim Strauch: Organizational Strategy & Sustainability, Board Engagement, Scenario & Business Continuity Planning
- LaVal Brewer: Funding Support, Community Building, Corporate and Donor Engagement
- Ursula Walsh: Corporate Volunteer Recruitment & Engagement, Emergency Services & Support
- Stacy Brooks: Human Resources and Compliance
- Randa Wren: Accounting & Financial Management
- Amanda Green: Organizational Strategy & Sustainability, Marketing, Remote Working
- Kimberly Harnish: Nonprofit Volunteer Recruitment & Engagement
Navigating Your Financial Options
- $484B More in Stimulus Funds Headed for Release: What’s Included, What’s Not (Nonprofit Quarterly)
- Urgent Information for Nonprofits Applying for the CARES Act (from TSNE Mission Works)
- Coronavirus Emergency Loans Guide and Checklist for Nonprofits (from the US Chamber of Commerce Foundation)
- Small Business Development Corporation of Orange County Programs
Apply for Funding
- COVID-19 (EIDL) Economic Injury Disaster Loan Application (US Small Business Administration)
- Paycheck Protection Program (US Small Business Administration)
- OC Community Resilience Fund (Powered by Charitable Ventures, OC Grantmakers, Orange County Community Foundation, and St. Joseph Community Partnership Fund)
- Rapid Response Grant Program (Anaheim Community Foundation)
Engage in Advocacy
- CalNonprofits’ 5 Minute Survey: Share your needs with government leaders
- Learn How to Recruit Volunteers During COVID-19
- Post volunteer projects and recruit volunteers through:
- For urgent assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn & Grow
- Virtual Trainings via OneOC’s Training Catalog
- Upcoming Webinars (click link to register):
- 5/7: Returning Back to Work: Answering Your HR Questions (hosted by Stacy Brooks, OneOC, and Linda Duffy, Ethos Human Capital Solutions)
- Past Webinars (recordings linked):
Financial Health & Sustainability
- Navigating Your Organization’s Financial Support Options (featuring Peter Meyers, SVP & Senior Lending Officer, Farmers & Merchants Bank)
- Understanding Your Insurance Plans to Save Money & Mitigate Risk During COVID-19 (featuring Kelly Peterson, Vice President of Wood Gutmann and Bogart Insurance Brokers)
HR & Compliance
- Remaining HR Compliant During COVID-19 (in partnership with Linda Duffy, Ethos Human Capital Solutions)
- Managing Employee Engagement and Remote Work During COVID-19 (in partnership with Nada Nasserdeen, Rise Up for You)
- Legal Implications of COVID-19 (in partnership with Sarah Efthymiou, Public Law Center)
Strategy & Leadership
- Engaging Your Board Amidst COVID-19 (featuring a panel of nonprofit CEOs from various organizations across Orange County)
- Posting Virtual Volunteer Toolkits (hosted by OneOC’s Volunteer Services Team)
- Volunteer Recognition Strategies for COVID-19 and Beyond (presented by Kimberly Harnish, Volunteer Infrastructure Manager, OneOC)
Marketing & Communications
- Developing a Crisis Communications Strategy (featuring Payal Kumar Avellan, Director of Marketing & Communications at The Wooden Floor)
- Marketing & Communications in the Wake of COVID-19 (featuring Patti Larson, Founder & CEO of SunUp Group)
COVID-19 Resources Overview
- Virtual Tour: COVID-19 Nonprofit Resources (in partnership with YNPNOC)
- Virtual Tour of COVID-19 Online Resources for Nonprofits (in partnership with the Costa Mesa Chamber of Commerce)
- Virtual Tour of COVID-19 Online Resource (in partnership with the Santa Ana Chamber of Commerce)
Resources for Volunteers
To find volunteer opportunities in our community, please visit one of the following websites:
- Points of Light
- OneOC Volunteer Calendar
- Orange County United Way
- California Volunteers
- Catchafire Virtual Volunteer Opportunities
- Love Fullerton
- All for Good
For additional information on finding volunteer opportunities, click here.
How to Support Our Community
To give to our community directly, please visit the following websites:
- OC Community Resilience Fund
- Orange County United Way Pandemic Relief Fund
- Philanthropy Pledge from Council on Foundations
- Anaheim Community Foundation Emergency Assistance Fund
To support legislation that will help our nonprofit community, please visit the CalNonprofits website.
For additional information on how you can support the nonprofit community, click here.
Partners & Additional Resources
We are so grateful for our strong network of partners who are supporting our community.
- Association of Fundraising Professionals – Orange County
- Association for Talent Development – Orange County Chapter
- Charitable Ventures
- Executive Coaches of Orange County (EC of OC)
- Fieldstone Leadership Network
- Orange County Community Foundation
- Orange County Grantmakers
- Orange County United Way
- Public Law Center
- The Nonprofit Partnership
- Young Nonprofit Professionals Network (YNPN)
- Gianneschi Center for Nonprofit Research
- The Orange County Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
If someone you know is in need of food or other assistance, please visit the Community Action Partnership of Orange County website.
For individual or family assistance, please contact 211 Orange County.
For mental health support, please contact Straight Talk Counseling.
For live legislative and health related updates related to COVID-19 in California, please visit the Governor’s Office Webpage.
For live updates on the COVID-19 outbreak, please visit the World Health Organization (WHO) website.
For additional resources, click here.
If you’d like to share a resource with OneOC and the community, please contact Amanda Green at email@example.com